Saturday, September 01, 2007

The Reluctant Football Fan

One of the sure signs of Autumn in the United States is the opening of football season. Now for those of you who don't live in or originate in the States you have to remember this is American Football not what we call Soccer. (I can already see the comments on this one). As if on cue, a huge cold front pushed its way through and brought the temperatures down into a fall like range. It made for an enjoyable evening.

While everyone else was getting into the game this little girl was lost in her thoughts and of course I grabbed Teresa's camera and took a shot. I liked it well enough that I thought I would share it with you.

I know, I know I am supposed to be away. I enjoyed your comments on my last post and Anna you really got me with your post on the front porch and reminded me of another project that I want to do. I did say I would post something every once in a while...though!

I hope everyone has a great weekend. For those of us in the States it is a holiday weekend, Labor Day, so some of us get Monday off too.

10 comments:

Mark said...

Nice capture of this moment.

When I lucked into photog passes to two (American) football games, I didn't have the long, fast lenses that the pros did, so I often turned my camera to the crowd to catch the reaction shots. And, since I'm being honest, I might have turned my camera toward the cheerleaders once or twice, too.

Now I will have to pull out those old negatives and get to scanning.

Salty said...

Glad to see you have not completely left us! I have enjoyed your post and photographs immensely over the past few months and appreciate all of the nice comments you have taken your time to compose.

Daily blogging can take a great deal of time. That is why I have never committed to posting daily. Also although I do visit nearly all of the blogs listed in my links daily and some others I usually only take time to comment on each once to twice per week. Otherwise I would be living at the keyboard instead of pressing the shutter button.

I will be sure to check back frequently in case you post another great shot like your capture today!

Tracy said...

She's cute! Glad you'll be around from time to time.

photowannabe said...

Yeh...another picture from you. This is a great storytelling portrait. I love it. Do drop by now and then I so enjoy your work.

Salty said...

Thanks for the clarification. I understand what you are saying about "shooting for the blog". I guess that is a lot of what I have been doing lately. Glad to see you're sticking around!

Kerri said...

So glad you are still posting! I always equate the month of September and the start of Football season with Fall, my favorite time of year. Hope you have a nice holiday weekend!

Blue Wave 707 said...

Hey Mike ... great shot! Looks like a high school game going on. That's the hard part of taking kids to a sporting event, especially of they aren't into it. You captured this shot well!

great photo blog! :-)

http:bluewavepix.blogspot.com

KMF said...

nicely captured have a nice day

Elaine said...

Nice shot Mike. I had my zoom lens so I couldn't get any crowd shots. It was a beautiful, cool evening--just right for football!

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Lovely portrait Mike, so glad you are still posting. Of course with our Indianapolis Colts winning the SuperBowl last year, football season is a big deal for us this year. Indianapolis is gearing up for celebrations this week. I have never been to a live American Football game. We used to watch the Super Bowl when I lived in South Africa but it is only since being here that I have really learned how it all works and what it is about. Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning are such great role models and ambassadors, it is great to see good things come out of sports these days especially with all the negative publicity recently with drugs, gambling, violence etc. etc. coming from some of the "Super Stars".

I digress LOL

Lori