Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Wanderer

This photo is obviously staged, but it illustrates the part of a trip I enjoy the most. It is fun to dream and research where you are going. I enjoy looking for those little photo spots that most photographers overlook.



The pictures illustrate where I am going. The four corners region of Colorado, Utah, New Mexico and Arizona. Hopefully if the Internet connections are good this blog will become more of a travel blog for the next couple of weeks. I hope to illustrate where I have been and share the stories of the road.

I am lucky to have a wife that supports my need to wander even when she can't go. It has become much harder for her as we both share this love for photography. I dedicate this trip to her.

Pea Ridge will continue after my return. See you on the road.

7 comments:

ASH said...

You post is bringing back fond memories of planning our Colorado trip this last spring. We spent many cold March evenings with highlighters and maps, making big plans. I have to agree that its almost as much fun as being on the trip itself!

Hope Mesa Verde treated you well, can't wait to see some of your photos!

Mark said...

The planning is huge fun.

But, the going and doing is better.

Plus, we can read about it. If Red River, NM, had free Internet, then I'm sure you can find a place to get online. Fun!

Sniderman said...

Oh my, that's God's country.

Red Mtn and Lizard Head Passes are spectacular. You'll have fun in Silverton, too. Knowing your work, you won't miss the Durango and Silverton line. The old puffers in B&W are always a good shot.

Late Summer wildflowers on Ralph Lauren's property are not to be missed when near Lizard Head. Just don't cross the fence. ;)

Shelby said...

I absolutely adore planning trips!

Salty said...

Loved the post on Pea Ridge and am looking forward to your return!

I'm sure you will find many photographic treasures on your trip and am looking forward to seeing your great shots!

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Hi Mike

I promise I will have new photos of your little buddy Taxes soon. I just have to finish the fence so that I can turn him out safely and that is a few days away. His leg is healing nicely. Nasty scar but that was to be expected.

I am so envious of your trip, it sounds wonderful, have a fabulous time and go safely. I look forward to you checking in with updates and pictures.

Lori
xx

JAM said...

When I was a kid, I saw a picture in a Weekly Reader of a kid standing ON the four corners, he was in four states at once. That really captured my imagination and I've always wanted to go and stand on that spot and have a picture of me there.