Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fountains

As you approach the OTC (Ozarks Technical College) Campus you are greeted with a huge fountain. Funds for this fountain were donated by local business owner John Q. Hammons. He loves fountains so there are a few around town. This one is probably the largest and most costly. I don't know the specifics of the fountain, but it must circulate water in the hundreds of thousand gallon range on a daily basis.

Many times you will find people playing in the water. On this particular night the temperature was hovering at about 60 so it was a tad cool.

I hope everyone is having a good week.

7 comments:

Mark said...

Nice grab, Mike. Fountains at night always look good, and a photo done right makes them look even better. Or so I think.

photowannabe said...

That fountain is huge. I bet it makes a lot of "white" noise when standing by it.
Good night shot.

Stacy said...

My nephew just sent me a picture of him and his friends playing in that fountain.

I think they did it on a dare. It was freezing. :)

Kerri said...

I have the most trouble with night shots. This looks great! Great angle for the shot.

Salty said...

Wonderful night shot!

Elaine said...

I think the fountain looks best at night. Nice shot!

MedaM said...

I’d never seen such fountain before. It is interesting just like the photo is.