Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Front Porch for a Short Season


Silverton, Colorado sits at an elevation of 9,000 feet. I imagine the days are few that the owner of this porch can comfortably use this front porch. The flip side of this is that he or she has a terrific view.

I have never seen so many interesting small front porches as there were in Silverton. I walked around for about an hour taking pictures of my favorites. With the aspen's turning a brilliant yellow and the temperature in the mid 70's it was the most relaxing day of the trip. Several resident's stopped to talk to me. I think several of them were transplanted New York Stater's. I was wearing a Fort Niagara T-shirt.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a great weekend.

9 comments:

Moi said...

i too love to click porches....there's a very personal beauty to each one of them....and i like this one ..hope you too have a great weekend :)

Mark said...

Nice one here. I dig the colors, and I figure that's one reason you chose this one over others.

That bright sun washed out the stone bench, but there's not much to do about that if you want to expose the rest properly.

photowannabe said...

Such a pretty home and I would love to sit on that porch. I didn't realize that Silverton was that high. I'll bet the winters get pretty cold.

Kerri said...

Love these colors! It reminds me of the coffee shop you posted a few days ago. I would love to sit out there a have my morning coffee. Nice shot!

happyone said...

Oh, I love that house. Great colors!! I could see myself living there. I have a front porch and sit there all the time. Love porches!!

Pat Jenkins said...

these "houses" you have found have been unreal mike....

Faye Pekas said...

I agree this is a small porch and not a family gathering kinda place :) The think the owner of this house is a unique individual who doesn't worry about conforming to other's peoples tastes.

Pequete said...

What a beautiful house - looks as if it was taken from a fairy tale. The photograph is beautiful, with the soft, warm light - it really makes you feel like sitting in that porch for a moment!

Shelby said...

It is such a beautiful house.