Saturday, October 13, 2007

Marching Band Season


Lindberg High School Marching Band members from St. Louis



Kickapoo High School Color Guard from Springfield, Missouri


What I am listening to: Nolita Fairy Tale, Vanessa Carlton

October in our family is Marching band season. Today was a big show at the Missouri State University Campus. Bands participate in one of four levels based on their school size. Their performances are spectacular compared to what I saw when I was in high school. They have not only the band but a color guard to go along with them.

Definitely a sign of fall....even if the trees are not cooperating.

11 comments:

photowannabe said...

Ah, High School marching band competition. Brings back a lot of memories for me too. I was in an award winning marching band which won honors so we could march in President Kennedy's inauguration parade way back in the dark ages. I will always have a soft spot for trombones and sousaphones in my ears.

Mark said...

Marching band season was my favorite part of being in band, by far. Being in a band that was competitive helped a lot.

Good shots! Now, where are the sound clips?

Shelby said...

oh I simply love marching bands.. my favorite part of high school football games!

ASH's Eye said...

Oh cool! I was in marching band, but our school didn't have a football team, so we never did half time shows, just parades. We were too small to field a team :) When I was at Univ. of TN, the half-time shows were usually my favorite part of the football games - those bands really knew their stuff!

Scarlet said...

Looks like quite a show! I need to see a high school game again!

Shionge said...

With cheerleaders too?

Kerri said...

I went to a very small school growing up.... no band, no football team.... but we did have basketball :) I love the green color of those band uniforms!

Moksha Gren said...

I was never in band...'twas a debate nerd through and through (my high school had a fierce debate rivalry with Kickapoo.) But I live about two blocks away from the local high school. So, the sound of early morning band practice is certainly one of the big sign posts for Fall.

Juhi said...

I simply love this photograph of the band. The shades of green look s beautiful and artistic.
Thanks for visiting my work. do come back again!

MedaM said...

You have been TAGGED. Please see my blog for details.

http://medam-photogarden.blogspot.com/

Cris said...

Wonderful... these take me back to my exchange student year!