Thursday, November 08, 2007

A Promise Fulfilled - Part 1


I promised Stacy, a blogging friend who lives in Taiwan, some fall color pictures last summer. Little did I know at the time how poor the colors were going to be this year. Well last week going to Warrensburg we finally hit some color.

These two shots were taken on the University of Central Missouri campus. The sculpture is of a couple dancing. I will leave the rest of the interpretation to you.

In part 2 I will show some scenes on Truman Lake.

Happy fall Stacy!

10 comments:

Mark said...

Wonderful colors, and seeing them with such an interesting subject in the foreground is refreshing. It's hard sometimes to find a focal point in a fall color photo.

Nicely done, Mike. Sounds like the fall color is kind of late for that area this year.

photowannabe said...

The composition of both shots is perfect. the sculptures just make the fall leaves pop. I especially like the second one.

Kerri said...

Very interesting shots! Love the fall colors....glad you found them... and that sculpture is quite unique!

Stacy said...

Oooooh! Thank you so much! You really came through. These are beautiful pictures. I think the art contrast with the colors of the trees so well, it makes them stand out even more.

Happy Fall to you, too. Isn't it just a great time of year?

MedaM said...

Wonderful shots! I like the fall color and the sculputers are impresive and interesting.

Cris said...

So I heard the same from my friends back in MD... poor Fall colors. Maybe you'll have a late Fall this year?

Chad Oneil Myers said...

Looks like a "Promise Fulfilled" to me.

Kekiinani said...

Interesting sculpture and WOW those are truly wonderful fall colors!!! :) :)

Shelby said...

awesome fall colors!

JAM said...

Beautiful colors on the trees! Wow.

Funky art though. Kinda wierd, but what do I know.