Monday, November 05, 2007

University of Central Missouri



We attended our final marching band competition for the year at the University of Central Missouri in Warrensburg. It was a beautiful fall day and I finally got to see some fall color on the campus.

The band did very well with high scores. They took first in the prelims and a close second in the finals. The top three bands were all outstanding and I wouldn't have wanted to be a judge at this competition.

The top picture is of the bell tower from the stands in which we were sitting. The second picture was after prelims when everyone was making a mad dash to get to the restaurants first.

I hope everyone is having a good week.

4 comments:

photowannabe said...

Great score for the band. the competitions are pretty tough. Love your bell tower picture.
In the second you captured the surging crowd ready to fill their empty tummies.

Kerri said...

Lovely shots! Glad you were able to get out and enjoy and snap some shots at the same time. I find that I carry my camera around with me a lot more than before.... I even have a Point and Shoot that stays in my purse.... just in case I see something special :)

ASH's Eye said...

From the top photo, I was picturing the tower being attached to a somewhat bigger structure - but its still really neat!

JAM said...

That's a neat structure. When I was at Louisiana Tech they built a clock/bell tower in an alumni plaza on the campus. I had to walk past it every day and love these kinds of things.