Sunday, December 09, 2007

Wilson's Creek Luminary Festival

Wilson's Creek National Battlefield came alive with the glow of luminaries and lanterns on Saturday December 8th. One luminary for each soldier that died in the battle was placed along the 5 mile road through the battlefield.

This shot was taken at the Ray House which has been the subject in many of my pictures before. The night was very foggy and a heavy mist and occasional light shower would take their toll on the luminaries. I thought that was very appropriate as it reminded me of lives extinguished in the battle.

We are expecting another major ice storm so if you don't hear from me for a while you will know I lost power.

6 comments:

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Lovely warm feeling to this shot, is that a person I can see in one of the upstairs windows? Looking at the larger version it appears it is.

Hope you are staying warm and dry.

Lori

photowannabe said...

I do hope that the ice storm passes you by. I read one was on its way.
Great illustration of lives extinguished as the luminaries were in the rain.

Kerri said...

Hey Mike....hope the winter storm isn't too bad for ya'll!!!

jel said...

Morning Mike,

the ice has melted , and we still have our power! we did better then most!

take care!

Elaine said...

I like this one because you can see the tree branch. My best ones of the house have a flashlight trail. Not sure it is worth cloning it out! See you tomottow.

Wolf Lover Girl said...

That's cool the concept behind the lights.

~ Wolf Lover Girl