Tuesday, January 15, 2008

If Only I Had a Wide Angle


A classic river bend and no way to capture it the way it needed to be captured. This is a classic example of missing that one piece of equipment that would have made the shot. This was taken on the Rivercut golf course. I couldn't back up any further due to obstructions. A wide angle lens would have made the difference in this situation as I needed just a tad more help. Hopefully I will return to this spot and get the right shot soon.

I hope everyone is having a good week. I have done some computer maintenance this week, working on Amy's Sony Viao. It came with a C: drive that was partitioned at only 15GB and she was pushing that and getting low disk space errors. The D: drive was at the remainder of the systems 90 GB. Go figure what they were thinking about. Norton's Partition Magic program handily solved the problem and I should be able to complete my work on this machine tonight. It was actually kind of fun working this machine over. I took the cover off and did the interior cleaning and then went over the system with a fine tooth comb. This is the oldest of our computers and it was badly in need of some work.

8 comments:

MedaM said...

Great photo, Mike; the composition, the colours! I like it very much.

Anna said...

That would be perfect for a wide angle! :)

Mark said...

Still a cool shot, but yes, I can see how a wide angle lens would have helped.

When I converted to digital, I was heartbroken because my 28mm was turned to 47 -- not wide at all! I bought a nice Nikon zoom that started at 18mm. Looked extremely wide on my Nikon N80008s and N80 bodies, but maxed out at 27mm on my D100. Takes great pictures, though.

I recommend it if you can stand its relatively short range (excellent for landscape photography).

What's your widest right now?

Mark said...

Oops. You might not even shoot Nikon. Sorry if I messed up there.

photowannabe said...

I think anyone is a hero who can look inside a computer and fix it. I'm sure you are the family hero now.
Love your post today and look forward to a wide angle shot. I see so many perfect pictures but either my Cybershot won't do them justice or there is no way to actually take the shot.

oldmanlincoln said...

It is a nice photograph. I often run into the same problem and never have the right lens on the two cameras I carry. So I ended up getting a regular point and shoot for problems like this. The only thing is now I have three cameras I carry along and still never have the right camera or the right lens.

I also enjoyed reading about the hard drive work on the other computer. I don't mind doing that kind of work and always clean the insides of my machines at least when I think about it.

Kerri said...

Ah, Still a Great shot!!!

Kekiinani said...

I think it is still a nice shot but understand what you mean. Often I get lazy and carry a lens that I think will be perfect only to find out.. darn.. I should have brought along the other lens!! :) :) I am in awe of anyone that can fix computers. How cool is that!! :)