Saturday, January 19, 2008

The James River As It Should Be...

I went back to the bend I took my photo the other day, this time I had my 10 - 20 mm Sigma wide angle lens with me. It makes quite a difference. I was able to capture the whole river bend from exactly the same spot. Unfortunately I think I was later in the day than last time and had the heavy shadows of the trees I was by.

Just goes to show you should always carry all your equipment with you even when it is 16 degrees outside!

Have a great weekend.

8 comments:

Salty said...

Your WA certainly made a huge difference, this shot is beautiful!

The rose project turned out some excelent images; I'll have go give this technique a try someday, great idea!

SNIDERMAN said...

Second that.

Nice thing about parts of nature... you're allowed mulligans. ;)

Anna said...

I third that....I am all for keeping it simple but I have gotten some great shots because I carried it all with me! :)

oldmanlincoln said...

Yes, the difference is amazing. I like them both but this new one the best. I was trying to take a picture of something yesterday and couldn't get back far enough. Had the wrong lens on and it was too cold to mess around changing it. It is "0" here this morning.

jel said...

morning Mike!

have a blessed day!

MedaM said...

This photo is great. Although I liked the one you took earlier I still think this one is more beautiful especially when I enlarge it. I really like it very much.

Mark said...

It's great that you went back to the same spot to get that missed shot. So many times I have said I would do that, and finally I just started lugging all my lenses with me no matter where I go. That approach didn't work too well for certain occasions, but it usually served my photographic needs.

Nice shot.

JAM said...

Lovely shot. That's one of the two things I want, a big ol' wide angle zoom and a macro lens.