Monday, January 28, 2008

The Mighty Missouri

I spent Saturday touring the mighty Missouri River from Jefferson City to Hermann, Missouri. Ice flows clogged the river from all the snow they are getting up river in Nebraska, and the Dakotas. It was such an impressive event. The river hissed as the flows went by, each one rubbing against it's neighbor, as they raced toward the Mississippi and warmer weather.

This was a morning shot toward the sun, the Capitol building and the highway 54/63 bridges.

What a beautiful day it was to take pictures!

7 comments:

Anna said...

Great shot! I would love to be taking that bridge up close! ALL THOSE LINES drive me NUTTY!

Have a good day Mike!

Moksha Gren said...

I love the ice chunks in this shot. It makes the water look amazing.

This shot makes me smile. I see that building everytime I drive down to visit my Mom. I've always liked our capitol quite a bit and now enjoy annoying my wife by always pointing out how much I like it.

MedaM said...

This really is impressive photo; it worth to be enlarged!

Kerri said...

Wow....I bet that was a sight to see! Great shot!

Mark said...

I wonder how many other folks thought to take their cameras out there and capture this event. I'll venture not many ventured.

Good one, Mike. You captured a moment, and did it artistically.

photowannabe said...

Love your decription of the ice floes moving. Its just amazing weather everyone is having.
Great shot with the Capitol and the ice.

photowannabe said...

Opps, I forgot to say I really liked your previous frost shots, especially the sundial.