Friday, February 01, 2008

Great Sand Dunes

I took a lot of pictures at Great Sand Dunes National Park. The ones I posted had people in the shots (unusual for me) for the most part so you could see the size of the dunes. I decided to post this one today just to show the dunes. I sharpened the shot and sharpened it some more, probably beyond where it should be, but I liked the effect.

I have been tagged by Anna to supply five of my favorite pictures and comment on why I chose them. So I may be going back into the past to pull some pictures or you may see a couple of new ones I haven't shared yet. It should prove to be an excercise full of memories and warm feelings.

2 comments:

photowannabe said...

I like the way the sharpening gave the picture a grittiness. Its how the sand probably looked. I like the dune crest. Very nice.

Anna said...

I cant wait to see what you pull out of the archives! And I love this shot. I can feel it between my toes! :)