Monday, March 03, 2008

Commercial Street on a Sunny Saturday Morning

A quiet morning on Commercial Street gives a well deserved break for officers. I can't even imagine being a police officer with the stress swings they have to deal with. Quiet one minute and then a domestic dispute where there may be life and death situations the next. Fortunately, these cases probably don't come around this often but these guys (and gals) have to be alert at all times.

Thanks to the Springfield Police Department for serving us so well.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

More memories! My husband and I bought our first antique bedroom set from an antique store on Commercial street. (They have great stuff there!) He also was a reserve policeman in Springfield for awhile. It didn't take long for him to decide that job wasn't for him. We have a healthy respect for policemen now! :)

Have a good one!

Mark said...

When I worked for the City of Bentonville's IT department, I often reported to the various fire stations and the police station to troubleshoot computer problems.

I had no problem with seeing firefighters sitting on a couch playing PlayStation. I also saw them working out to keep strong for those heavy hoses (which I made the mistake of trying to lift once while covering a fire scene). I didn't care what they did as long as when the bell rang they were the ones rushing to the scene of an accident or an inferno to help people.

Same goes for cops, too. Eat donuts, drink coffee, I don't care. If you're protecting me and mine, you get more relaxation points than the rest of us. It isn't just another job.

Cool pic, Mike.

photowannabe said...

I agree with Mark 100%. Theirs is a job I don't want but am thankful someone does.
Great break-time shot.