Thursday, March 06, 2008

Technology Center

The old industrial area of Springfield between downtown and Chestnut Expressway is undergoing a major shift. There are a lot of old buildings being renovated and recycled into modern uses. One of the most dramatic is this one, the Missouri Technology Center. Like a phoenix rising out of the ashes it has taken a prominent place in the old industrial area. Other buildings are being renovated form Missouri State University and for lofts, an ever increasing use for many downtown buildings. The nice thing about all of this is the destruction of many of these buildings has stopped. The skeletons remain with their charm.

This shot is one of the few that I have posted where I have used my 10-20mm Sigma wide angle lens. I had to use it to capture the look I wanted to from where I was.




2 comments:

Kerri said...

Neat shot!

JAM said...

That is an neat shot. I LOVE a really wide lens. I tend to shoot many more wide shots than telephoto.

I like seeing old buildings renovated and put to new uses too.