Sunday, April 20, 2008

Kansas City Sights

My hometown is the sprawling "cow town" of Kansas City. In my opinion Kansas City is Missouri's Western flavored city. St Louis, known as the Gateway to the West, is much too Eastern flavored.

Kansas City is not only a cow town, but it also was the second largest (next to Chicago) railroad town in the US during rails hay days. It is also a city of fountains, having more than any other city except Venice, Italy or so I have heard.

It is home to the Kansas City Royals, my favorite baseball team, and the Kansas City Chiefs football team.

This shot is taken from the Liberty Memorial overlooking Kansas City's famous Union Station and downtown. I have always wanted this shot for my collection. More from Kansas City soon and I have finally gotten a couple of picture for Mark's looking through project which I will be sharing first!

1 comment:

Anna said...

That green is gorgeous Mike! Have a good week!