Monday, April 21, 2008

Looking through at the Liberty Memorial - National WW1 Museum

Having just returned from Washington and commenting to Katy that it is sad there was no WW1 memorial it was my pleasant surprise to find that the National WW1 Museum is in my own backyard in Kansas City. The Liberty Memorial was updated in 2002 to include the National WW1 Museum and it was a first class operation

To get to the exhibits you had to cross this glass bridge over a field of poppies. I caught this young lady admiring the view through the bridge. See those green leaves Anna! That may be all the green you see as we venture into this sad chapter of human history.

4 comments:

Mark said...

What a poignant first entry into PLT.

I didn't know there was such a memorial, either.

Karen of Sillymonkeez said...

Nice shot!! That must have been a beautiful bridge to walk over.

Anna said...

I see them! I see them!

Nice way to combine two projects!

CAROLYN said...

Sometimes we just need look in our own backyards :)

Great photo by the way.