Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Yellow Isn't Just for the Day...


Color at night can be challenging. As I was going through the archives with Project Yellow in mind this picture caught my eye. This was taken on the Missouri State University campus on the same night as the Native American Pow-Wow that was shown earlier. It is always interesting how pictures initially rejected end up being used (of course I may have used it and forgotten too, memory is a tricky thing as I get older).

I have always been attracted to ornamental grasses and seeing this plume of Pampas Grass back lit was a treat that I struggled with. It took me quite a while to get this photo the way I wanted, all the while Teresa waited patiently. The funny thing I remember about that evening was a group of Japanese girls came by and asked if I was a professional. You should have heard Teresa muffling her laugh....

8 comments:

Mark said...

Cool capture.

Hey! If it looks like a professional and quacks like a professional...

Anna said...

I agree with Mark and you do have a good point...you can find yellow at night...

Who would have thought?!?!

Carletta said...

Straw yellow...hmmm...so many shades of yellow. I wouldn't have associated this with yellow.
This is stunning!

oldmanlincoln said...

Wow, if I had to choose an unusual color your post would be it. It looks to me like gold brain off an officer's uniform.

Please, whatever you do, don't visit my blog today (Wednesday) as I lost my mind, I think owing to medicine from my hospital stay, and posted some really gross stuff. I certainly don't want to spoil your day.

Abraham Lincoln in Brookville, Ohio

photowannabe said...

Great choice Mike. I would never have thought of that.
I like this shot and your composition of it.
Yep, you are a professional.

Kerri said...

Wow! This is perfect for the Yellow project!
Great job!

I haven't joined in with the colors yet.....but I have enjoyed looking at those who have. Very creative stuff going on in BLOG LAND!

Lilli & Nevada said...

That is a very nice capture,love it

Robin (the PENSIEVE one) said...

The end result was worth the "embarrassment"--intriguing! I had to smile at your "professional" comment, whenever I have my camera in tow (and of course, can be observed in contorted positions taking pictures of strange objects), I'm often asked what I'm doing.

I guess I look shifty...or professional...or like I'm casing the joint for a "job" later on ;).