Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Summer and Fishing

Summer and fishing go together in the Ozarks. This is a scene below the dam at Lake Springfield where our camera club had a field trip the other night.

I say summer not just because it is past Memorial Day but our weather has gone from Winter to Summer rather quickly. It wasn't long ago that we had some snow flakes it the air.

Mark asked about the size of the sketch I did of the Hood. It was actual size if you click on it. Very small so I could scan it easily. I have not sketched anything since high school and college. It was kind of fun...maybe I will do more.

3 comments:

photowannabe said...

You are very talented at sketching. Do some more.
After our 104 temps. we are down in the low 70's. Its beginning to feel like summer is just around the corner.

Anna said...

You should totally sketch more! That was great Mike! As for the fishing...I haven;t fished since I was a kid spending summers in the Chesapeake Bay...I sure miss it.

photowannabe said...

Hey Mike you should check out Mr Mapper's blog (its on my sidebar favorites) I know you like trains and he has a very nostalgic photo. I think you will like it.