Saturday, June 28, 2008

Abandoned

My iTunes: Going Home by Mary Fahl

Teresa and I get our spices from a bulk goods store run by an Amish family in Tunas, Missouri. We went up there today and there was an abandoned building I liked so we stopped to take pictures. If only walls could talk.

You may notice that the skies were threatening here. Well at home back in Springfield we were getting rain. Those of you who have been following the blog here know that the last time we talked about rain we were only about one half inch shy of an all time record for the month of June. Well we got about 1.6 inches which means for the month of June alone this year we have received 13.4 inches of rain. Towns to the south and immediate north of Springfield got from 4 to 8 inches of rain in one day. Flooding has been rampant.

I hope you all are doing ok. Plans are underway for the new blog which I hope to unveil in about a week.

6 comments:

Mark said...

Very nice shot. It's rustic and it sparks the imagination. What went on in that shack over the years? Who was there? I love that kind of thing.

Kerri said...

Wow! This may be one of my favorites! Very moody and mysterious!

ALSO - that looks like a beautiful field of wildflowers!!

Anna said...

This is a great black and white and I love your new header!

photowannabe said...

Great black and white photo. I love old wood and rustic buildings. Glad you stopped to take a shot.
Terrific banner and title you included in it. I really like it.
Stay safe...so many are suffering from too much of a good thing.

DrillerAA said...

I think abandoned buildings can make some of the best subjects and b&w add so much character to the shot. Very nicely done. Have a wonderful day.

Livia Indica said...

Ooh, I like this one best. The field in front of the building gives a sense of depth and weight to the old building. Gorgeous.