Friday, June 20, 2008

Finley River Mountain Man Rendezvous

There are groups that reenact the days of the mountain man. This generally reflects the period 1830 to 1840 area. It is a period of fur trapping, flint lock rifles, simple belongings and very few of them. The mountain men followed the proven ways of the Native Americans even adopting the beautiful design of the Sioux Tepee.

Teresa and I had a great time wandering the camp and talking to the mountain men (and women). Makes me want to join them...but I can't give up my Nikon.

3 comments:

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Hi Mike, I am sorry it has been a while since I last visited. I have just had a quick skim through but havent had time to read all the text but I will because I enjoy these re-enactments, we have one in October every year just about half a mile from us, we hear the canons going off during their mock battles for three days LOL.

Fabulous photos, the B&W and sepia just finish them off nicely.

I hope you are not being affected by all the flooding, just wanted to let yu know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, stay safe.

Lori

photowannabe said...

The enactments would be fun but I'm so glad I live in 2008. Right now its 103 F. and I'm so thankful for the AC....
Like Lori, I have been thinking about you and the weather. I hope you and your family are ok. Stay safe.
Sue

Anna said...

This is one of my favorites! I love the lines and the angle you shot...just wonderful!