Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Girl and Her Car Part 3


My iTunes: Where My Heart Will Take Me, Russell Watson

Most of you have guessed the make of the car, that's right my little girl fell in love with a PT Cruiser, a bright orange PT Cruiser. Amy and I went car shopping one Saturday and we drove by some PT Cruisers and she was really looking at them and said how she liked those. I said "Your kidding right?" She said "No, not really." Well none of these struck her fancy so we went on. Used car lot after used car lot we went on and on...finally that Saturday afternoon late we went out to our Toyota dealer. I was thinking Toyota but lo and behold lurking in that lot was the bright Orange PT Cruiser. It was love at first sight, you should have seen her eyes! Again I asked "Are you sure you like these?" "Yes Dad, you know it is all your fault." "Huh?" I said. "Yeah remember when you got me that little PT Cruiser toy car, I have liked them ever since then," Amy reported.

Why is everything my fault?

So far she has been the envy of all her friends and she likes it as well today as the day she saw it.

Moral of the story, beware of the little gifts you get your kids!

6 comments:

Anna said...

I know she is LOVING her new car! :)

Mark said...

That's great! But on both my monitors here at work (sshhh), it looks very red. I must need some serious calibration.

I guess this means that our son will want a Mini Cooper. It was the first toy car he had (that was recognizable as something driving on the road) and he has been pointing them out to us on the road since he was two.

jel said...

WOW!

Barb said...

At the age of 5 my son fell in love with his uncle's Jeep. For years all he could talk about was saving up for his Jeep. Finally while stationed in Hawaii he owned 2 Jeeps. Now he has (and this is for Mark) a MINI COOPER. Boys will always have their toys!

Congrats to sweet 16 Amy!

photowannabe said...

If I were to get a second car that would be my choice too. I think they are great. Lucky daughter.

JAM said...

I hear ya, man.

I've been married for 23 years and have a 22 year old daughter and a 19 year old daughter.

Everything's my fault too.

I like your shot's of the "new" car. I like PT Cruisers myself. I like the mixture of old and new in the design.