Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hulston Mill's Civil War Days


We traveled to the area between Greenfield and Everton, Missouri this weekend to attend Hulston Mill's Civil War Days. I thought I would start the short series off with a shot of the old mill itself which was relocated to this site from the Sac River when Stockton Lake was built. It is old and need repairs but has almost all the equipment to become fully operational. It just needs money. I can't swear to it but I believe the gentleman giving tours of the mill said that the mill was actually operational until 1967.

The mill was the site of a fairly large civil war re-enactment this weekend. I will be presenting a few shots from that over the next couple of days. As hard to believe as it is, my favorite shots are of the people up close and personal. They are so passionate about what they do it is contagious. I really enjoyed taking their pictures.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I love getting "in the moment" as I photograph. That is why I love it so much. I see detail in things that if I did not have my camera...I may not see and people let me be a part of what they are doing much easier when I have my camera!

Your shots are great here Mike. Keep them coming!

obbop said...

The Hulston Mill Civil War Days affair of June 13 2009 was also a wondrous event.

Tomorrow, Sunday June 14, 2009, is the final day.

Plenty of picture-taking opportunities.

A great way to spend a day, even if you do not have a camera.