Friday, June 13, 2008

Spinning a Tale



At the Ray House at Wilson's Creek last Saturday there were demonstrations to go along with the music being played outdoors. This lady was demonstrating the fine art of spinning wool into yarn. It was quite fascinating to watch her and here how she does it.

Tomorrow we head to Huston Mill provided flood waters don't stop us. We had around 4-6+ inches of rain today. Many neighborhoods are dealing with water issues tonight.

Also please check out my new summer reading sidebar I will be putting on the site soon.

As a final note I have been properly "harassed" for being the most active blogger on a break. I guess I should declare my break over and get back to full blogging.

Take care and have a good weekend.

3 comments:

Anna said...

It is about time! Hehehe. These have a timeless quality. Nice Mike!

Mark said...

I wish I could have seen that lady spinning. My father has one of these wheels that he inherited from his mother, who of course got it from someone much farther back in my ancestry.

photowannabe said...

Great history shot Mike. Glad i didn't have to do this either out of necessity. Fun's a different story.
Hope you stay safe and dry. The weather is really devestating all over.