Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Summer Thunder


My iTunes: Laughter in the Rain - Neil Sedaka

I am just guessing but I think our daily rain is coming to an end. The weather patterns have shifted and it has been two full days since we had our last rain. So here we are nearing the end of June about a half inch shy of an all time record for the month of June. We currently sit at just about 11.5 inches and the record is just a hair over 12 inches.

I am not complaining though, I heard a lot of people saying this last rain had caused more grief. Many basements just couldn't handle the soaked ground and nearly complete runoff. I think we have reached our limit and more and it just causes damage.

I hope everyone has a good day wherever you are.

9 comments:

Kerri said...

Great shot Mike! I hope things dry up a bit and you only get the rain you need.

We are dry here.

Mark said...

I love these piled up clouds. I can hear the distant thunder.

JAM said...

The clouds are magnificent.

In Florida, we've just entered the part of the year where it rains for about 30 minutes about 5 or 6 afternoons per week.

I don't miss living in Louisiana. Every few years were massive floods. This year, seems to be the year for flooding much farther up the Mississippi.

Hope you don't get more than you can handle.

Erin said...

Awesome. A summertime favorite.

Susan said...

Awsome clouds and great lighting. Here in BC we are also very relieved to finally have some nice weather. We have had no spring this year!

Barb said...

Beautiful! In Arizona where I lived from 1977 to Oct of 2007, this kind of build up would send the natives scurrying to take cover from a violent monsoon storm. I love it here and just finished my morning coffee on the deck, watching dozens of birds and enjoying a cool breeze.

One more thing, I just ordered "Six Frigates" on your recommendation. My son is a Navy officer and I really get into anything like that. Here's one I am reading: "Over the Edge of the World". Magellan's terrifying circumnavigation of the globe. It ain't the glory our grade school history books would have us believe!

photowannabe said...

Spectacular photo Mike. Thunderheads make magnificient pictures.
I hope for everyone's sake that the rains ease up and dry out.

jel said...

AWESome pic!


Ihope the rain, will hole oof 4 a bit , need to get some topsoil down!

Horsoon said...

Spectaccular shot. Love your composition!