Friday, July 11, 2008

Project Black - Take 3

My iTunes: Soundtrack to the Hunt for Red October


It is fall in the North Atlantic. A renegade Soviet submarine named Red October is out there and the USS Lapon is being sent out to intercept.

Actually this picture was taken in the American Legion Park here in Springfield. The sail or conning tower of the USS Lapon, a nuclear attach submarine is on display. The sub was commissioned on December 19, 1962 and scrapped in August of 1995. Her sail was saved for display and was brought here in 2005.

Here is a shot of her in the park.

Hey skipper I think we took a wrong turn around Bermuda!


I hope you have a great Saturday! Keep finding black...hmmm what movie is next...

4 comments:

Carletta said...

I just watched Red October last week again!
My hubby is now retired but used to work on subs in Norfolk. I'll have to show him this.
You are doing double duty with the theme and doing it very well!
This shot is fantastic.

Raven said...

What a neat monument. I love both shots. The perspective on the first is fascinating but I like being able to see it from the other angle too.

photowannabe said...

You are so clever. I love the movie theme and black combined. I can't wait to see what the next instalment will be.

Geraldo said...

Hey, where do they sell those? I'd love to have one for my frontyard!
Of course, I would have to convince my wife first...
Great pictures and great theme idea!