Sunday, July 06, 2008

Wedding Bells





Well I am feeling old. We attended the first wedding of one of Katy's good friends this last Saturday. Of course I took my camera along set it at a high ISO so my flash wouldn't fire and shot away. I was limited in my mobility to about 2 feet one direction or another so I couldn't be too creative. It was my first Catholic wedding so it was an interesting experience. I wouldn't have liked to be the real photographer on this wedding because of the solid tan wall behind the altar. It had a tendency to make the color shots kind of bland. I didn't even like the black and white very well so I used a sepia to make it more interesting to me.

Congratulations Brittany and Greg. May you have many pleasant years together!

9 comments:

Anna said...

These are wonderful Mike...and I like the sepia tone a lot.

Abraham Lincoln said...

You must have had the ISO right as the photos are good. I like to see Navy guys get married. They used to irritate the daylights out of me in 1953 when I was in Japan. I always thought they got more girls because of their uniforms than we did with our uniforms.

DrillerAA said...

Nicely done.
The sepia works very well.

jel said...

Those are very WOW!

Mark said...

Cool shots. The bouquet gets lost in the flowers in the background just a bit. I hope it's okay to make that kind of comment out here.

I thought you were the official photographer. I was surprised to read otherwise.

Nice sepia tone.

Salty said...

Mike, the first shot is a WOW! shot!! Great composition and the sepia looks terrific! I like your idea of a blog on how to cope with our econimic times, it could become quite interesting.

photowannabe said...

Sepia is a terrific choice for these shots. It gives a warmth and intimate feel to the pictures.
I remember the shock when I received my first wedding invitation from a girl I taught in first grade Sunday School. How could that little girl be getting married?

JAM said...

You still got some really great shots, despite being limited in movement. Nice photoshop treatment too.

Kekiinani said...

Great shots... :) :) I like the sepia effect..