Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Let Your Imaginations Go...

I took this shot at the new Watershed Park here in Springfield on Valley Mill Road. I am not going to say what it is...I want you to tell me what you can imagine it to be.

Let's see what creative thoughts you have.

OK update here, so far I have had two guesses as to what this is which were right on, but what I want are creative thoughts on what this could be...perhaps step back (or sit back) blur your vision a little and what do you see? Sorry guys but the ladies are normally a lot better at playing this game as we have a tendency to see things as they are.

Lori has the right idea now...even if it takes her three tries!:) Jump in and give me your creative thoughts...I will share my ideas in the morning.

When I first saw this stack of wire mesh that is used in reinforcing concrete I liked the lines. Hence Mark and Drilleraa were correct in their actual observations. The more I looked at it I saw different things and went ahead and snapped the picture. Being a consummate Star Trek fan I imagined this picture being the view screen of the Enterprise as it approached a Borg cube ship. I also imagined "urban planning" in the future where streets or tubes are stacked on top of each other as the world gets more crowded and real estate is at a premium. Talk about a traffic nightmare.

Some of the things I did not think of were the side of a skyscraper (Jel) and I did not see the cross (Barb) I am almost embarrassed to say. And then there was Mark's Silver Chex cereal! You guys did great! It is fun to see what your imaginations can come up with!

15 comments:

DrillerAA said...

Looks a little like the welded wire mesh used to reinforce concrete slabs.

Mark said...

My first guess was what drilleraa said. The second choice sounds even worse now that I see someone else has the same first reaction I did.

Mike said...

OK guys get out of reality...I don't want to know what it is but what could it be.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Okay I think it is what is called Hog Fencing, welded mesh panels laying on top of each other but I like the way there seem to be destinct wider lines in it which reminds me of a "jungle Gym" as we called them in my childhood, where you used to climb in and out of the gaps through the maze. Hope that makes sense.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

taking another look not really big enough for a person to weave in and out of, but for fabric? I am about as creative as a brick LOL does it show.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Oooh oooh me again, now doing the 3D thing like when you are trying to find the 3D image in a picture of repetitive objects, it almost looks like columns running from top left to bottom right in 3D.
Promise that is my last try.

jel said...

if ya tip your head , it looks like a skyscraper

Louise said...

I'm guessing this is is part of some type of art sculpture? I am very "left-brained" for a girl, but it looks cubicle to me. I can picture something like this built into varying sizes of cubes--pyramid-like, but asymmetrical. I would like it better if there were some sort of water feature with it.

Barb said...

I'm convinced that it is fencing of some kind. I don't like fences, s0 I moved to the country --- but still some fences. I tilted my head to my left and immediately caught the image of the cross. Now that to me means freedom from fences!

Wolf Lover Girl said...

Yeah - I caught one of these at the beginning. I always catch them after you've given the answer...

Okay - I'm not looking at anyone else's answer before I give mine.

It looks like the weaving of a basket.

~ Wolf Lover Girl

Mark said...

It's an extreme macro shot of the new Silver Chex cereal. Yes, the element silver has been proven to prolong life and so the good folks at General Mills made it into a breakfast cereal.

Mark said...

What I meant was "Shredded Mini Silvers," a close cousin to Shredded Mini Wheats.

Elaine said...

Love the lines! I also love your new banner. Hope you submit that for the calendar project.

DrillerAA said...

OK, on the more imaginative side, it could be "Steel Plaid", whatever that is.

Anna said...

I love the guessing!!!! I was thinking a long the lines of stacked shopping carts... :)