Sunday, August 10, 2008

Morning Run



Wow have I had a great weekend...and it is only half over! Teresa and I went to the Springfield Conservation Nature Center Saturday morning and we walked through it and got some great nature shots and then proceeded down the Galloway Trail. I captured this on the old 65 highway bridge that is now part of the trail.

I liked the shot but decided to play with it and emulate some of the work of photographers that I have been reading about. So off to Photoshop I went. About ten or twelve layers later this is what came out. A higher key, higher saturated version.

Let me know what you think.

I was also invited to the Northwest Arkansas Rollergirls final home game of the season yesterday. I will be sharing some of those shots as soon as I can get them processed.

11 comments:

Louise said...

Whatever you did to the photo makes it look so "Galloway Trail." I don't envy your weather right now, but I do your hike.

Anna said...

I love this!!!! You know I love lines!

Mark said...

I like the increased saturation. I couldn't stop thinking, "What's that purple stuff on the road?"

photowannabe said...

I love what you did with this shot of the bridge. It has a lot of character.

Abraham Lincoln said...

Nice shot. Did you use photoshop?

Faye Pekas said...

I love photoshopping. You did good on this one. Its amazing the colors you find when you up the saturation.

This shot has great perspective.

Mike said...

Abe, yes it was Photoshop. What fun this one was. There is so much you can do with Photoshop and I have just scratched the surface!

Ms. Math said...

I love this photo! Your hard work in Photoshop paid off, because this is GREAT!

Elaine said...

I like it! I don't have any good shots of that bridge--I'm always there when the light is too bright.

Wolf Lover Girl said...

I like it. The blue (or is it purple) really stands out!

I've never messed with PhotoShop before but I hear its really cool!

~ Wolf Lover Girl

Wolf Lover Girl said...

OH! And I love the brilliant flower you have in your header. Just outstanding!!

~ Wolf Lover Girl