Sunday, September 28, 2008

Thematic Photography #17 - Angles III

I went out Saturday morning looking for some angle shots for Carmi's angle challenge. I have visited this shot before from the Commercial Street Footbridge. The last time I didn't have such an uncluttered background. Fortunately this time I had a nice container train blocking the more cluttered background that faced me the last time I worked this shot.

Alas, life is never perfect and this time I had a lens flare issue but rather than fight it I decided to enhance it and make it more prominent in the post processing. Let me know what you think.

6 comments:

Barb said...

I like this composition. The eye starts at the front of the photo then moves through the curves of the merging tracks, seemingly forever. The container car and lens flare don't seem to be issues as they contribute to the sensation of infinity. That's my take on it. Nice job!

Livia Indica said...

Wow, I never thought of any part of Commercial street worthy of a photograph. But you've changed my mind.

Mark said...

Love the lines and the sunlight playing off the rails. Another keeper from the mind of Mike.

Your current banner pick is another good one, too.

jel said...

don't laugh, but ya know what i see
when i look at this shot,

a lady dancing with the wind blowing the layers of her dress behind her!

a very cool shot mike ;)

DrillerAA said...

Nice photo.
Since my dad worked for the Frisco for 42 years, I can always relate to the train yards in Springfield.

Louise said...

I love it!