Friday, November 21, 2008

The Best Place in the World - El Dorado Springs, Missouri

"There is no place like home" was a line from the Wizard of Oz that will live on forever. This is a shot of the park and spring in Downtown El Dorado Springs, Missouri which is the town I call home. I lived there from the eighth grade until I married. Sure it was a small town, but you had family and friends and gas was under 50 cents a gallon so you could get to Springfield or Kansas City if you wanted more. It was a place where I first loved and was loved. It was a place where you could go to a drive in movie or Simone's Drive In. It was a place to learn and grow, from teachers who really enjoyed their students. It was a place where friendships to last a lifetime were formed, even if some of those lifetimes were way too short. It was the place I learned of God and he set me free. It was a place to come home to Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Thank you El Dorado Springs, I will always call you home.


3 comments:

jel said...

very cool!



have a great weekend !

Ron Thornton said...

Nicely done photograph and commentary, Mike. I'm going to have to visit there.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Nice scene Mike I would love to see this in person, I like the B&W too. Your words are so true for me too, but unfortunately I will never be able to go back to the place I was born and called home for the first 25 years of my life, because it isn't there anymore.

I can imagine sitting on one of those benches and enjoying the fresh air and scenery.