Wednesday, December 03, 2008

El Dorado Springs, Missouri - The Bandstand


The bandstand in the park in Downtown El Dorado Springs sits empty now in the cold breezes of Autumn but during the Summer it is alive with bands playing and people listening. Thinking about those summer afternoons brings back deep and fond memories.

Most of you know I love eccentric music. I found a Barry Manilow album once called "The Summer of 78" where he goes back and sings the popular love songs of that Summer. I still listen to this album and it like this picture above takes me home for a while.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Gorgeous image! I LOVE LOVE LOVE how all the leaves have gathered in piles on the steps!

I LOVE Barry!!!

gina said...

wonderful composition and subject here. great shot.

jel said...

morning !

AWesome shot
what lens did you use?

Mike said...

Jel, I used my wide angle Sigma 10-20mm on all the El Dorado Springs shots. This one was set at the upper end of the range. One of the few times I have used it and I was very pleased with the results.