Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lazy Days of...Winter?






Well I have had a difficult time getting out to take some pictures so you will have to excuse my lack of new posts. I am an accountant in my real life so year end work has taken priority. Combining that with a project we have been working on at home and miscellaneous other time eaters have kept me occupied. So what have I been working on you say? I eluded to it in a couple of past posts recently and it involved getting pictures printed. A picture is just a digital file unless you print it. If you print it it then needs to be framed and displayed. Having printed a lot of our pictures for the SWMCC competitions we decided to frame them and put them up. We have also been wanting to display the family pictures in a way that they look nice rather than standing up places collecting dust. Well as you can see from the pictures attached we have been busy painting walls and putting up pictures in an organized manner. It has been a fun project and we work on it a little at a time as time permits. Of course I am as slow as a seven year itch when it comes to doing chores around the house. I am also somewhat of a perfectionist on these things. (No comments big brother!)

The pictures above show the preliminary results. The top picture shows our family picture wall. The other pictures show our prints. I have a couple more large size prints to get frames for so they will be in a group of four just like the right side smaller prints.

Today was a beautiful day in the Ozarks. Chewie and I went for a long walk while I was baby sitting him and the gals went shopping. It was sunny, little breeze and 45 degrees, perfect hiking weather if I was out on a trail. I saw four private planes fly over, something I hadn't seen in a while. I wonder if the price of aviation fuel has dropped or if the flying weather was just as perfect. My Dad used to fly so I picked up my plane watching habits from him.

Chewie was in heaven. He greeted each dog as it came along and stopped to smell every signpost, mail box, bush and fire hydrant along the way. I won't mention what else he did to each of those though. After the walk we came home and he collapsed into my lap. What a dog's life!

Teresa and I went to see the movie Marley and Me. I highly recommend it.

I hope you all are doing well. Have a great week.

3 comments:

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Hi Mike

So glad you had good weather and got out to take a walk, we just have too much ice and it has been like that for a few weeks, just enough to make it dangerous to put horses out or walk around the property.

Marley and Me looks like a lot of fun, I very rarely get out to the movies so will probably have to wait until it hits the TV circuit LOL

I watched a programme this morning on the CBS Sunday Morning show which was all about the old steam engines, lots of stories and pictures, I was hoping that you saw it too.

I havent really picked up my camera in weeks either, need something to boot me in the ass to get outside and going again.

Hope you and your family are well and had a great holiday season, Chewie sounds adorable.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Capricorns are the best!!! What a co-incidence all our birthdays one after the other, congratulations to you and Theresa on your respective days and hope you had good ones too!

Anna said...

Hey Mike! Happy New Year! I hope that you can get out soon for some pics! And I was glad to hear about Marley and Me...I have been wanting to see it and haven't made it yet.

Take care!