Sunday, March 01, 2009

Flying South...

Saturday I went to Pittsburg, Kansas to the 8th Annual Perspectives of Photography Seminar which was put on by the Student Association of Photographers at Pittsburg State University. It is a well done seminar and always a pleasure to attend.

On the way I was able to capture a couple of images of fast moving southbound Kansas City Southern freight. It was comforting to know by nightfall this train would have reached a relatively warm Shreveport, Louisiana. How nice it would be to have been able to go with it as I stood in the gusty frigid wind blowing in from Kansas.

4 comments:

Chris Link said...

I like your work but this title shot is particularly nice.

Mark said...

That's a good shot, with those gray clouds hanging overhead waiting to dump something. I like the banner shot a lot, too.

Kekiinani said...

I love trains!!! WOW nice shot. We dont have any trains here on Oahu so it is always fun to see them.. :) :) Hope you enjoyed the photo seminar/session. Sounds like it might have been a fun time. Aloha, Renee :)

Heidi said...

I love the steely cloud background... very cool shot!