Saturday, March 28, 2009

I Have Returned!

Well after a few days in soggy New Orleans I have returned to the Ozarks. I tell you there is no place like home. New Orleans, at least in my humble opinion, is recovering well post Katrina. It is now far better than I thought it would be at this stage. The only problem I had was that it was almost tropical down there and it rained and thundered every night for most of the night. I did not sleep well.

We went down to visit Teresa's Mom who is back home after having a bout in the hospital down there. She had a fall and hit her head so we wanted to go down and decide for ourselves if she is doing OK. She was in good spirits and seems to be doing well. We will be able to tell a little better when her sister, Irma, leaves and she starts functioning on her own again.

I did manage to take a few pictures while I was down there, but as Teresa kept telling me it was not a "fun" trip.

I am not going to post a picture today, instead recovering from my lack of sleep and planning my blog make over.

One of the new features I am planning is "Front Porch Fridays" I hope to capitalize on one of the favorite features of Ozark Photos, at least according to my search statistics, and do my bit to revive the front porch.

I will probably do fewer features involving people, since this seems to be the least favorite features of the blog, instead moving that to Ozark Faces. My portrait photography will then move to a new blog named appropriately "Young Photography" which will feature work by both Teresa and I.

Thinking out loud...let me know what you think of the tentative plans...if anyone is still reading after my week long absence.

Have a great Sunday!

7 comments:

Newsy said...

I am reading and I am glad you are back. I am also happy to hear that your mother-in-law is doing better. Keep up the great photos!

Jason said...

Glad your mother in law is better!

jel said...

I'm glad your back!

me to glad that your mom~in~law is doing better :)

looking forward to the "FRONT PORCH FRIDAYS"

TAKE care

DrillerAA said...

Hmm, I'm going to be busy trying to follow you in three different locations.
Looking forward to the new projects though.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Welcome back Mike.

I love the idea of Friday Porches, but also love seeing your railway and train photos. The porch series could be great if they have the people living thre involved, I can see a great cofffee table book in the making, US has so many fantastic faces and people, it could turn into something really cool.

Ms. Math said...

I wanted to let you know that I don't always comment (and should!), but I visit regularly because I think your photography is wonderful. I love your work and always look forward to seeing more.

Mark said...

That all seems like a pretty good way to go. I admit I first started hanging out here because of your pictures of places and things, not of people. The roller derby shots were pretty fun, though. I think my preference is due to our nearly four years ago to the Dallas area, which is sadly un-pretty. We have lots of people, though.