Saturday, April 11, 2009

Early Spring at Linden Falls

As I stated yesterday I had the day (Good Friday) off as a holiday from work. Teresa and Amy didn't so I decided to go take pictures. I wanted to go train chasing which is something I haven't done in a long time.

I left at about 7 am and one of the first places I knew I could get to is Linden Lure with the early morning light. The morning was grey and drizzly though but it was still fun. As many of you know I really like some of the moody shots you can get with this kind of weather.

I am always amazed how much things change around the falls. The water was really flowing on the Finley after yesterday's heavy rain. This large tree had washed over the dam and was lodged in place. Many of the gravel bars had shifted places. A lot of brush was missing and getting to the falls was much easier than it had been before.

2 comments:

jel said...

sounds like ya had fun yesterday,

cool shot.

Mark said...

Now that sounds like the perfect day for wilderness photography. I love waterfalls, too.