Sunday, April 05, 2009

What's Your Story? --Part 1

This was the theme of a Church retreat we went to this weekend. We had a great time, and we were able to make a lot of new friends. This retreat made me think a lot about my life and my Lord, as any good Church retreat should I guess. The speaker at our retreat used stories to illustrate his points and he was so good at it. Sometime during this coming week I am going to be sharing my story, I don't know when yet so I guess you will have to stay tuned.

As we head into this Holy week take some time to stop and think about what Jesus means to you. For some of my readers I know He means very little, that He simply was a historical figure. To others He may have been a prophet or a good man. To others He is a Savior, the Son of God, or God on earth. In any case as we pass into this week consider this pivotal figure in history. Take a moment to read your Bible or someone elses, especially the closing chapters of any of the four Gospels of the New Testament. Take a moment to think about the impact this carpenter from Nazareth has had on our world.

I am not sure how I am going to work photographs into this series but we will see. Perhaps this is a series best left to pictures painted by words. In the meantime, no matter what your beliefs are, take some time to think about Jesus and his impact on history.

No comments: