Friday, May 15, 2009

Front Porch Friday - Flying the Colors

A front porch shot from Old Algiers which shows the colors flying. I never said whose colors! There were several homes with flags flying that were not the US flag, reflecting the diversified heritage of many of us. I collect flags and have been know to fly the British flag during democratic administrations or the Canadian flag when there is a lot of snow on the ground (makes the neighbors feel colder) :). But mainly I fly historic American flags, and they generate a lot of questions and discussion. When I had a flagpole at our old home, my neighbors would come over to visit about the newest flag that went up and I would tell them what I knew about the history of the flag.

Take a few minutes to go out and fly your colors this weekend, whatever those colors may be. Now where is that British naval flag I have?

2 comments:

jel said...

:)


have a good weekend !

News2K said...

Another great photo. This blog has been a great find. :-)