Friday, May 29, 2009

The Log Cabin Porches of Nathaniel Greene Park


Friday's sure seem to roll around fast! I was at lunch today and realized I had no new shots for "Front Porch Friday" so I drove to Nathaniel Greene Park. The harsh noon sun was not much fun, but hey sometimes you don't have choices.

I have seriously been thinking of running a challenge to the one or two people still reading this blog. It is going to be called "High Noon" and will consist of shoots taken at the lunch hour when the sun and hence light is the worst. I am thinking about running it through the summer and even giving a prize for the best picture. Any takers? We will have to work out the logistics...let me know your thoughts.

6 comments:

Katharine said...

I'm interested. I agree that it isn't usually a fun time to shoot, but maybe some inspiration will come??? Let me know about the details...

jel said...

I'm game! :)

photowannabe said...

Yup, I'm game too. I still do ABC Wednesday but could post other things at other times.
It seems everytime Hubby and I go someplace, we get there at the harshest time of the day and there I am shooting anyway. This could be a fun challenge.

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

I will definitely be shooting with this in mind from now on!!! I know they have to be outside shots but can we use fill flash?

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

Also wanted to add that these cabins remind me of a local business person here who is salvaging all the old timber barns that are fast disappearing and collapsing due to neglect but have some really good hand cut timber that is useable. They are collecting the lumber and making small buildings out of the remains. I must go and take some pictures of them because every single one is different and I thought it was a wonderful way of recycling these old gems.

Anonymous said...

Cool site, I hadn't come across ozarkphotos.blogspot.com earlier during my searches!
Continue the excellent work!