Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Downtown Hartsburg, Missouri

Teresa and I almost missed this beautiful little town close to the Missouri River. It is on the Katy Trail State Park and is about 5 miles off US 63 between Jefferson City and Columbia. This was a "High Noon" shot and I was very fortunate to have some lovely clouds as a background. I used my polarizing filter in my NIK software to help highlight the sky.

Be sure and check out the High Noon Photo Contest post below. This is the type shot you can get at high noon. You just have to carefully work your angles and composition as the light can be very harsh. Often though a photo opportunity will present itself and you would be amiss not capturing it while you are there.

2 comments:

Lori Schmidt (LoriProPhoto) said...

What a gem!! I have a friend who drives semi's for a living and she has asked me if I would like to go along on some of her trips and shoot as we go. She obviously enjoys the company and I will get a chance to see some of this beautiful country even if it is from the highways so I think I am going to take her up on her offer. She covers the whole country so it should be interesting. She has been a long time friend of Larry my late husband as she also breeds horses so we have a lot in common and it will be nice for me to get away now and again, just have to find someone to look after the animals while I am away because some of the trips last 3 or 4 or 5 days.

WR said...

Enjoyed browsing through your photos! Wonderful pictures of life.