Sunday, June 07, 2009

For The Love of Star Trek


This is probably the strangest picture you will ever see me post here...

Most of my long time readers such as Mark and Lori will know that I am an avid Star Trek fan. I took this picture about 35 years ago hanging an unpainted AMT model from a clothes line and snapping away with a Polaroid. Both the model and the Polaroid are horrendous, but I loved the angle of the shot I captured. I scanned the Polaroid last night and was attempting to isolate and turn the cloudy sky black but got to this stage and thought it was pretty interesting so there it stayed.

Going through the old Polaroids was a bunch of fun, just goes to show I had an interest back then at 15. I wish I had pursued it!

1 comment:

DrillerAA09 said...

Unfortunately, many of us let life get in the way of some of the things that truly make us happy.
I bought my first 35mm while in Viet Nam, used it for nearly 30 years, but never really pursued the interest. Another ten years have passed, and I have a Nikon D80. I'm taking more photos now, using PhotoShop Elements, but I still need to take a really good class on digital photography.
I do appreciate your blog and sharing your photos.