Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Winner of the First Annual High Noon Photo Contest Is...



Barb with her Sun Through the Trees at Noon entry. I had four judges assign a 1st, 2nd and 3rd to the pictures entered. 1st = 3 points, 2nd = 2 points and 3rd = 1 point. The print with the highest number of points one.


I liked all the entries, but Barb's stood out for the fact that it literally sceamed that it was high noon!


Clayton's Man with the Ipod came in second. Stephanie's Wet Girl and Mark's Water Fountain tied for third and Mark's Spider Web was fourth.


Barb's grand prize is a copy of Joe McNally's new book "The Hot Shoe Diaries." Barb, you will need to send me your mailing address by email.


Thanks to everyone who participated. I enjoyed the images. You can see the images at my Flickr page at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozarkphotos/. For easier viewing click on the High Noon Set on the right side of the page.


4 comments:

jel said...

that was a very cool shot.

Way too go Barb!

Barb said...

OMG!! What a great way to start the morning! I'd like to thank the judges, my Canon 40D..... well, you get the idea. Mike, thanks for hosting this; it was great fun and sent me on a beautiful summer walk. Wooohooo!

Mark said...

Yes, nice winning shot. This was a fun contest, but it was just too hot for me to get out there in my office work clothes more than a few times!

Mike Young said...

Maybe I should rename it next year --The Hotter than ____ Photo Contest.