Saturday, September 05, 2009

Reflections on A Rainy Day

On my Ipod: Good Bye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John


A couple of times this afternoon it rained and I loved it. You see I was on the back porch sipping my customary Diet Pepsi, with a book in hand and listening to a new CD I picked up today at Sam's. The CD was Elton John's Greatest Hits 1970 to 2000.


I had thrown these new CD's on my 5 disc changer and was dropping between songs from the 1970's to current. I was literally caught between this time and a time many years ago when life was simpler and more carefree. Music does this to me. I guess that is why I enjoy it so much. From this music you can get your mind off of current day struggles and tribulations and go back to the time when you had your first date, first love, learned to drive, went to college, started that first job, got married, had your first child. Music is a placeholder in life. Music is a time machine.


I am glad I took my little trip...






4 comments:

Mark said...

Love the ripples. Would not have thought of trying to get that.

Gina said...

until Elton did that duet with Kikki Dee I was his biggest fan :-) Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (imo)is one of the best albums ever! I wish we'd get a little rain north of Spfd - the river is low :-(

DrillerAA09 said...

It rained here most of the day. Too bad I had to work. I would have loved to sat on the deck, watching the rain puddle over a good cup of coffee. Very relaxing photo.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

The photo is very thought provoking. I know what you mean about the music. I cannot hear Crocodile Rock without it taking me back to a very young teenage year. Twyla