Monday, October 18, 2010

Update on a Front Porch of Our Own


These are some shots of the interior of our soon to be new house. Amy says I can't have deer heads though.

I had one of my good blogging friends email me today about how the house was coming. It is on track to a close at the end of the month. It passed all its inspections with flying colors and I thoroughly enjoyed my day crawling all over her.

The trick on the new house is that it will be half the size of our current home. That means yours truly has to get rid of a lot of stuff. It will force me to examine my various collections and say goodbye to some things. We have adopted the philosophy of keep the best and get rid of the rest. This week we made our first steps in this regard utilizing Craigslist to get rid of our large theater seats and a huge treadmill. We have one more large item to get rid of and that may be difficult as it is a large screen TV. No space for something like that and no one wants one. I even wonder if I need a TV, oh yeah Fringe, okay maybe I do need one.

Most of my train collection will probably have to go or be replaced by a garden railway. Books are always a problem. I have never met a book I didn't like. This is one trend that will have to stop. I will have to learn to live with less to enjoy the open expanses of this home.

Over the coming months I will periodically share my transition to lean. Maybe I will even become leaner as I work over the new house. A side benefit of a front porch of our own?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

that big screen TV can take place of deer head...

Victoria - Ozarks Crescent Mural said...

You'll have to start reading another one of my favorite bloggers, miss minimalist, to downsize by half. Have a wonderful move!

Mark said...

Very nice going! We have always had fairly lean household belongings due to the frequency of our moves. In 18 years of marriage, this house is our longest place of residence, at five years. Sadly, it's also smaller than our last two homes, so the "stuff" is starting to pile up a bit.

Great interior shots and descriptive passages.

FishHawk said...

"Ozark Photos" has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2010/11/sites-to-see_12.html

Shinade said...

Wow, you guys have a lovely home. LOL, after we were married, a long time ago, I didn't let Walter my hubby hang his deer mounts either.

You guys all need man caves for those sort of items. I am so glad I found your blog.

I am headed right now to add you to my roll.

Happy weekend decorating!
Jackie:-)))))